The Gardens are re-opening!
Starting with 2 special weekends for Members Only: 6th/7th and 13th/14th June.
Opening to the general public will start on Wednesday 17th June (Wednesdays to Sundays).
We are really pleased to be able to welcome people back into the Gardens again.
We know spirits will be lifted by a wander – or a run- in the Gardens, but we will naturally be monitoring how we can manage safety. Numbers will be limited and there are no activities planned at present. Family picnics will be welcome – please take home your rubbish – we cannot dispose of it at present.
Most of the Gardens’ staff are on furlough and we are managing a limited volunteer return. So, preparing for opening and stewarding is a big job- please bear with us.
Tickets, for the Members weekends and general opening from 17th , will be released on Wednesday 3 June.
Full details will be released next week.
In order to open the Gardens safely, we have had to make some changes to how we welcome visitors.
Everyone MUST book in advance, including Members. New booking time slots will become available each Friday at midday for the following week.
When you come, you will notice some differences to your usual visit:
- The entrance courtyard will have separate ‘in’ and ‘out’ lanes.
- The Visitor Centre will be closed.
- Your pre-booked ticket and/or membership card will be checked in – contactless – from the wooden steps.
- The Orangery will be selling limited takeaway refreshments.
- Cards, gifts, jams and pickles will also be sold from here (1 person at a time in shop only)
- All payments will be by contactless card only, or cash into a donation box (no change given).
- For the time-being the mud kitchen will shut in line with Government guidance.
- To maintain health standards there will be limited access to the Toilets.
- All areas of the Gardens are open, but there are reminders to keep a minimum of 2m apart. Please Pause and make way for someone to pass on a narrow paths. Please respect this for the safety of everyone.
- Picnics are welcome – within the government guidelines. Please take your rubbish home – we cannot dispose of it, at present.
All arrangements have been risk assessed but will be constantly reviewed and may change without notice.
How to book
All visitors, including Members will need to book a ticket in advance.
We are sorry but there will be no ticket sales/bookings on the day.
We will post the link for booking the first week on Wednesday 3 June on our website, Facebook page and in our email newsletter.
A limited telephone booking system will be in place for those unable to book online. Telephone booking can be made on Thursday and Friday mornings 11am – 1pm. We can take credit card numbers over the phone.
The process will be as follows:
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged five or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- Currently the tickets will be for the whole day – but a limited number of tickets will be sold for the day.
- New opening times 10.30 -4.30pm. We plan to introduce regular early evening openings later.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Please note: we are not currently accepting two for one cards or other cards at present, we will keep this under review. RHS members need to book in advance.