Weekend Café and Visitor Welcome Assistants
Want to work for a good cause and work in a beautiful setting?
Castle Bromwich Historic Gardens are looking for weekend team members to join our courtyard cafe, shop and ‘visitor welcome’ team.
We can offer guaranteed, regular day time shifts every weekend (minimum commitment of 21 hours per month) plus the opportunity for other hours during the week or early evenings.
The 350 year old Historic Gardens are a place of beauty, relaxation and family friendly exploration. Our charity has a big responsibility to look after the precious space and we do that best by sharing it with our visitors. Their experience starts at the entrance to the Gardens and we pride ourselves on giving a really friendly and helpful welcome and café service.
Start Date: Flexible – as soon as possible
Rate of Pay: National Minimum Wage (according to age)
Usual hours: 9.30- 5pm (we are open to the public 10.30- 4.30pm)
- Offer a warm welcome to the Gardens’ visitors, showing excellent customer service.
- Be a positive member of the small flexible team running the outdoor café cabin, shop and visitor services.
- Take customers’ orders and payment in a quick, efficient and friendly manner.
- Serve the food and drinks as required from the café cabin and help prepare our basic food offers (eg Cream Teas in a Box, heated savouries)
- Ensure that all areas of the café (kitchen and facilities) are kept in a clean, tidy and welcoming state, performing regular checks and maintaining high standards.
- Excellent customer service skills, (previous experience of café/hospitality setting would be advantageous) with the ability to recognise and welcome returning customers.
- An ability to take clear instructions, prioritise workload and organise work effectively alongside others in the team.
- Helpful manner, tact and diplomacy, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Other duties may include helping to open and shut the site, making sure onsite signage and communication are presented neatly and taking telephone calls and giving out information about events and memberships etc.
Training will be given and all staff are required to undergo some training (eg food hygiene, health and safety, equality and safeguarding).
Ideal Candidate will be:
- Polite and friendly
- Able to present a casual but professional level of appearance
- Aware of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety standards
- Able to communicate well in English
- Confident with, or willing to learn, basic IT skills for keeping records etc.
- Bring a ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to help out the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested in working with us in a wonderful environment, please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
You must be over 18.
You may be relatively local.
We have a really busy year ahead in the Gardens, with lots of events and activities throughout the summer so we are looking for people who can commit to regular shifts.
We will contact those people we wish to interview and offer a trial shift.