Castle Bromwich Hall & Gardens Trust is seeking a new Chair for its Board of Trustees to lead the organisation through the next transformation and vital changes.
Castle Bromwich Historic Gardens are a unique survival; an early 18th century formal garden and landscape,
situated just 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham. The Trust is a small
independent heritage organisation with a lively visitor and user programme supporting a growing financial base.
Our ambition is to secure the future of the Gardens for the next 10 years.. and beyond! We require a Chair who will take the lead and shape the future by building a stronger Board, driving the focus of a new Business Plan and subsequently guide the formulation of a larger plan for a major capital project to secure the Gardens long term future
This is a voluntary role.
Do you have the qualities we need to help drive this change?
- Experience of leading organisations (independent or public sector) through a period of significant change or transformation.
- An individual who has the skills and capacity to push the Trust forward.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to work closely with the Board and General Manager, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of working on /chairing a Board and supporting the development of relevant skills and experience required of Trustees.
- Experience of working with external bodies and funding organisations.
- Ability to champion creative solutions with limited resources.
- Skills in developing strategic plans and successfully taking these forward .
- An interest in heritage assets, cultural attractions and historic gardens – Experience in this sector would be a distinct advantage!
- Experience of working within local, regional and national political environment.
Click HERE to download the Information Pack (pdf)
The Trustees would be happy to have a preliminary telephone (or other remote) conversation with potential candidates, prior to a formal application.
Please email, in the first instance, Glynis Powell, General Manager on email@example.com or 07790 787479 who will connect you to one of the Trustees.
Otherwise please send a copy of your CV together with a brief statement about how you see yourself in this role to
Position Open until Filled