We are looking for willing volunteers to be Stewards and servers of hot chocolate and marshmallows to visitors at our upcoming Lantern Festival!
Here are some descriptions of the roles available (including other roles.)
The Gardens are largely staffed by volunteers and we’re looking forward to putting on this great family oriented series of events this month.
Volunteering will provide practical, rewarding experience of events management and organisation that will look excellent on a CV. Its a great way of giving something to a local community and a great group thing to be involved with. Travel expenses to and from the Gardens are also covered.
Volunteers MUST be available on one or (preferably) more of: Sunday 26th November, Saturday 2nd December, Sunday 10th December, Saturday 16th December as well as a training day, likely the 24th of November but relatively flexible.
There are some indoor roles, but you must also be comfortable working out of doors, working in the dark, directing visitors, and serving drinks. We will provide training , Hi Viz jackets, warming drinks and smiles :-)).
If you are interested please click the google form here http://bit.ly/2AWUaHz to fill in your details and preferences.
Volunteer Teams -Brief role description
Hot chocolate servers and marshmallow toasters
Served from the GreenHouse 3.30pm – 5.45pm each public day.
Sold on 3 days and given away (tokens) on the last day.
· Serve and take money for hot chocolate (instant)
· Supervise outdoor firepit (small) and toasting marshmallows
· Keep a track of supplies, safety and cleanliness
· Source and tidy marshmallow sticks (twigs and barbecue)
· Help families toast their own mallows.
· Clear up during and at end of session
Meet and Greets and Safety
· Wearing hi viz jackets to welcome and point people in the right direction as the light fades.
· Stationed at specific points around the garden to ensure people don’t get lost, miss out. etc
· Able to readjust basic parts of the display if necessary.
Helping visitors understand what we have to offer as a whole and helping us raise more money
· Provide info verbally – for the day and other activities
· Get informal feedback
· Take emails
· Talk about memberships, events, activities and volunteering
· Distribute 2 for 1 and free chocolate tickets as needed
Lantern makers and craft helpers (INDOORS 12.30 -4ish )
· Help families during the public days to make lanterns, decorate glass jar lanterns and to make twig stars and glitter cones.
· Prep and tidy up
Site preparation and care (Fridays before the events)
Keeping it all looking pretty and safe -Various types of roles.
· Checking lights/cables are safe
· Replacing items and tidying after weather or public has displaced
· Ensuring the ‘look’ of the installation is maintained (a bit of set dressing naus)
· Replenishing supplies
· Cleaning /drying seats etc
· Making sure signs are in the right place.
· Rubbish bins replaced etc etc
· Clear paths, make safe etc
· Looking after bits of garden – safe from public and safe for public
· Maintain standard of presentation
Car park duties
Control and management of parking entry and exit, keeping everyone safe with special attention ‘cos of dark
(Training in teams essential)
Click the google form here http://bit.ly/2AWUaHz to fill in your details and preferences.