- This event has passed.
Photography Walkshop – in the Gardens
July 16th,2:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Most of us have a favourite view in the Gardens.
Capturing that view, thought, light or moment with our phone or with a more complex camera is not always so easy.
This FREE walkshop, with professional photographer Richard Battye, is a chance to explore the Garden in the different lights.
In each of the three separate Walkshop dates, we will wander round our favourite spaces, Richard will be on hand to point out the things you didn’t spot, the angle that catches the moment or creates the atmosphere.
There should be time at the end of session to share some pictures together and discuss techniques and get some tips.
This session is one of a small series of sessions. See below for other dates
- Bring your own camera – a phone will do but other set ups equally welcome.
- This is not a technical session, but Richard is on hand to offer advice on that too.
- Beginners and learners welcome – a focus on photography is essential 🙂
Other things to know
Richard is working with the Trust to prepare a new pictorial Tour Guide for the Gardens. We want to include some of our users and friends views in the Guide too. We will have a small exhibition of photos over the summer for people to tell us which best tells the stories of the Gardens. Participants of the Walkshop are welcome to submit their favourite photos if they wish.
These are the dates and times of each of the wallkshops… booking is for individual walkshops.
- Morning Walkshop. Sunday 28th May 9am – 12
- Evening Walkshop Sunday 11th June, 7.30pm – 9pm
- Afternoon/full summer Walkshop Sunday 16th July 2pm -4.30pm
These Walkshops are aimed at adults, but we welcome older children (with a camera )who are keen on photography alongside the with participating adults (with a camera).