A Bee Experience – at the Gardens (Morning)
June 15th,10:30 am - 12:30 pm£6.50 - £45.00
A Memorable Honeybee Experience
Ever wondered what happens inside a honeybee colony?
Ever thought about being a beekeeper?
We are offering you the chance to spend some time with our very own Castle Bromwich Garden bees. You will hear from a qualified beekeeper, Jane from Let It Bee Ltd, get a chance to put on a beesuit and get up close to a colony of bees – maybe you will spot the queen!
There will be time for lots of questions and the opportunity to try some local honey.
Which is bee-licious.
The experience will last around 2.5 hours and:
- Cover the basics of beekeeping and see the hive and honey bees at work
- Learn about the different bees within the colony and their roles
- Let you get kitted out in a full beekeeping suit and view a hive both inside and out
- Provide an opportunity to hold a frame of bees
- You can search out the Queen and check how much honey and pollen has been stored
- There will be lots of time for questions and opportunity to try some honey
- Hot or cold refreshments, and homemade honey cake will be provided
Please note that the experience is weather dependent. Light rain is fine but we won’t go ahead if there is torrential rain or thunder and lightning.
We will provide bee suits but please bring sturdy boots and socks.
Please don’t wear any cologne or strong perfumes or eat bananas on the day of the experience – we’ll explain why!
Suitable for ages 16+
Numbers are strictly limited around the bees, please note that there are no conecsssionary tickets
NB 16-18 year old ticket holders must also be accompanied by a paying adult)